Project Stats Page Overview
Project Stats pages provide the following metrics over the project lifetime:
- Downloads - downloads includes all publicly-available releases, source code changesets, and wiki attachments
- Page Views - page views indicate the total number of views on any page on the project
- Visits - a visit is a series of one or more page views from the same browser within a short timeframe
- Referrals - the list of referring sites
Statistical data for Page Views, Visits and Referrals are provided by WebTrends.
The following screenshots are for the xUnit
project, taken on March 10, 2008.
Stats shown in a monthly view are the totals for the indicated day. For example, in the graph below, there were 273 page views on Feb 15, 2008.
Stats shown in a yearly view are the totals for the indicated week. For example, in the graph below, there were 8909 page views during the week of Sept 22, 2007. (Sep 22- Sep 29).
Last 30 days View
Stats shown in a daily view are the total stats for the indicated day. For example, in the graph below, there were 364 page views on Feb 19, 2008.
The first column shows the URL for the referring site.
The second column shows the number of visits from the referring site within the selected timeframe (last 30 days, monthly view, yearly view, etc.)
The third column shows the number of visits from the referring site for the previous timeframe and the difference (+/-) from the current timeframe.
The example below is for the month of February.
- When were the stats pages introduced? - Project stats pages were introduced in the March 10, 2008 deployment of CodePlex.
- How often is data collected? - We provide data up until the previous day. For example, you will not see today's data for another 24 hours.
- Why do the referrals sometimes show a N/A? - The non-available is the number of referrals that were unavailable by WebTrends.