E-Mail Notifications and Mailing Lists
Get E-Mail Notifications on a Discussion Thread
Note: Make sure your spam filters allow e-mails from email@example.com.
- You must be registered and signed in to subscribe to e-mail notifications on a discussion thread
- Check the box at the bottom of any discussion thread to get e-mail when replies to a thread are posted.
Turn Off E-Mail Notifcations on a Discussion Thread
- You must be registered and signed in to turn off e-mail notifications on a discussion thread
- Remove the check from the box at the bottom of any discussion thread to which you are subscribed to turn off all future replies.
Subscribe to a Project Mailing List (E-Mail Notifications for All of a Project's Discussions)
Note: Daily digest e-mails contain a link to the discussion, but you cannot reply to threads from your e-mail client if you choose this option.
- You must be registered and signed in to subscribe to a project’s mailing list
- Subscribe either by clicking the E-Mail Notifier box on the right sidebar of the main Discussions page of a project, or by clicking the link at the bottom of any individual discussion thread
- In the lightbox, choose ongoing notification (as the e-mails occur), or a daily digest (one e-mail per day, if there have been posts to the project’s Discussions)
Unsubscribe from a Project's Mailing List
There are three ways to change the frequency of e-mails or unsubscribe from the mailing list:
Note: Unsubscribing at the project level will remove any thread-level subscriptions you may have on the same project.
- Click the Change link at the bottom of any Discussions thread in the project
- Click the link in the box that reads, “Discussions Notification is ON” in the sidebar of any Discussions page in the project
- In any e-mail received from the mailing list, click the link in the e-mail footer
Start a New Discussion from Your E-Mail Client
- You must be registered, signed in, and subscribed at the project level to initiate new Discussions by e-mail
- Send your e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>, where projectname = the url extension of the project to which you have subscribed.
For example, to start a discussion on the Community Kit for SharePoint, you would send your message to email@example.com.
Note: Currently, private discussions are not supported.
Reply to a Discussion Post from Your E-Mail Client
- You must be registered and subscribed at the thread level or project level to send discussion posts from your e-mail client
Reply any e-mail you receive from a discussion thread and the e-mail will post to the group:
Note: Make sure not to change the subject line information within the brackets to ensure that your e-mail won’t show up as a new discussion.
- Your e-mail will appear as a new discussion post in the correct project and thread.
- It will be sent to the e-mail inbox of anyone subscribed to that thread or project.
- You must use the e-mail associated with your CodePlex account to respond. If you use a different e-mail account, your response will not be posted to the web or sent to other subscribers’ accounts.
The syntax for the subject line will be:
Subject: Thread Name [CodePlex Project Name : Thread ID]
Subject: Installation question [nUnit : 12345]