Project Dependencies

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:12 PM
I have created a CodePlex project for a library I have written, and I have a number of applications that use that library (and who knows, maybe some other people will use it in the future too). At the moment they all reside in the same Visual Studio solution as the library, but I am wondering whether it would be better to make a separate CodePlex project for each one (after all people who are interested in my library probably don't want the bloat of having to build all the applications that use it as well).

Does CodePlex have any cool features that support dependencies between projects or would I have to include a binary build of the common library in the solutions of the applications, and update it on a manual basis? I like the fact that I can currently code and debug directly on both the application and library code when I am developing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions / advice
Mar 1, 2007 at 4:56 PM
CodePlex doesn't provide a facility for doing this.

Using Visual Studio, you could create multiple solutions that reference the same projects (.csproj files). Your project on CodePlex can contain the multiple solution files. That way, people who are interested in the library are able to open just the solution file for the library and build only what they need, while you are still able to use the "full" solution containing both the library and the app(s).