Exception Handler Error - Provider Type is null

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:30 PM
I am writing a Desktop application using the Data Access, Exception Handling, and Logging appliction blocks. The application consists of 3 dlls and the main executable. All projects are in one solution and the app.config file is located with the main application executable. One of the dlls has a config file as well because the component uses a web service which creates a config file to hold the web service information.

When a component raises an error the Exception Handler throws an error trying to type the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.LoggingExceptionHandler class. The Type.GetType method returns a null value. The config file has two exception handlers defined (one for component error handling and one for the application error handling. They are basic handlers that deal with the main Exception class. The component logs the error and raises a wrapped error and the application just logs the error. Both loggings are going to the Application Event Log and I am running on XP Professional. I know the Logging and Data Access application blocks are working properly because I get trace messages when I want to track them and I can access the databases.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause or perhaps someone has run into this issue before?
Feb 16, 2007 at 10:47 AM
Please post your question in the Enterprise Library forums. This forum is for CodePlex site questions only.

Thank you!
Feb 16, 2007 at 1:49 PM
My appologies, I thought this was the forum for the Enterprise library as the link led here. I will investigate further. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.