Need to Codeplex and looking for experience

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Hello i am looking to help anyone on their project. I have knowledge in VB.net, C++, and C#. If anyone needs help or would like to start a project, i am more than willing to help out.

I really would like to be involved, so i can gain experience.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

If you want to, you can join my project Programmer's Diary. I also do it for experience. It's written in C#.

Beware that the source code is really messy. I recently created a Gtk# UI for Linux which made it even more of a mess. But I'm almost done with that now and I will continue working on the functionality and cleaning the code soon.

So if you're interested you're welcome.

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2009 at 11:47 PM

yes i would love to join this prject. Where is the source code located?

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:00 AM

You can download it from the source code tab.

If you want to do a Subversion checkout you can use TortoiseSVN. Install it and open the folder where you want the source code in Explorer. Then you can open the context menu and click "SVN Checkout". In the dialog enter "https://ProgrammersDiary.svn.codeplex.com/svn" as the repository URL. Clicking OK will start the download.

You can just have a look at the source code and the application in general. Then we can decide what to do next.

The wiki also has a Development page. Some info might be out of date though.

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:44 PM

hi...i am pretty much new to vb.net and really like to learn

i've got this project to complete in a months time and really need some guidance to go about it.

for a gist of the project details...data comes from 2 excel workbooks which get updated daily. this needs to be overwritten to an sql database. the first workbook consists of members with all medical related information. the 2nd workbook consists of a list of hospitals, clinics etc. there should be a login page for members to enter using their certificate number and date of birth which should query the workbook1. each member will fall into either of 3 classes class 1, 2 or 3. the list of hospitals, clinics etc are arranged by classes. so if a member is class 1, then all the related hospitals, clinics, specialities etc should be listed in the page. i need seperate pages or tabs for hospital, clinics,diagnositcs,specialities and each page should have its own search critieria.

1st criteria  - search by state (drop down list box)

2nd critieria - search by area (from the address field)

3rd criteria - search by name

so for example in the hospital tab, a member can search for a list of hospitals from either the 3 search criteria.

i need the added functionality of when the member clicks the hospital, it should take them to a google map view.

any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance