Codeplex for internal use?

Jul 26, 2006 at 1:45 PM
Ive been looking around for relevant information about this, but alas, I havent found any.

I work for a medium sized software development company. We are currently looking around for different wiki's to keep internal documentation and issues structured.

Is it possible to install codeplex locally on our network just for our internal use? Or is codeplex more just a community site for open source development, ala sourceforge.

If this is not possible, will it be within a close future? Or is there other relevant wiki software that we can use?

It looks really good, by the way.

//K
Jul 27, 2006 at 5:43 AM
We don't have the CodePlex software available for installing locally, it's currently only a community site for open source development.

Flexwiki is a pretty popular wiki implementation. Sharepoint might be another possibility that can work well particularly if your documentation is more file based.
Jan 5, 2007 at 2:58 AM
Are there any plans to release a version of CodePlex for private use? Both SourceForge and Community Server support a community as well as a commercial model.
Mar 1, 2007 at 2:15 AM
I like codeplex's simplicity, not too much tabs to confuse us and also the fast load times... sharepoint is a bit sluggish even within our company's site. Flexwiki is cute, if only we could make it look and feel like we're in codeplex. hehe.
Mar 2, 2007 at 1:26 AM
Hi all,

I join these guys for a local installable version of CodePlex.

Really, consider such business evolution as one of your possibilities. I would even pay a small fee for it. That might diserve even a marketing study.

I understand Microsoft doesn't want to provide competition to the VS Team Foundation server product family and you could consider some built in limitations or just add it as an option to VS Team Foundation.

I think it could bring some business as we are quite a lot to express this request. Codeplex is great for small projects management and provides a neat and pleasant UI. That is actually one of the reasons why I asked in another thread to get your Process Templates available for us to use in VS Team.

Thanks anyway to consider it.
Jan 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Let me add another vote for making the CodePlex source or Binaries with Setup available. All Enterprises need a way to share tools internally, SharePoint is not optimal for this scenario and that is obious since you didn't use it either. ;-)
Jan 28, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Here's another vote for making CodePlex source available. This site layout and design is exactly what im looking for as a development manager. Simplicity, slick, issue tracking etc.

I hope it's released
Feb 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM
YAN ..yet another vote... this is a site that I'd like to put up locally to manage internal projects without much ado.. and all the things i like, subversion, simple, intuitive, interface etc, etc...