Get the latest AssemblyVersion

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:25 PM

I'm currently using CodePlex for my C# project. I want to implement a function that will check if the end user is using the latest release version of my software. Is there a way to get the version from the CodePlex site or from the TFS server?

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:44 AM
Currently there is no way to get the latest release version number from the site.  If that is something you would like you should log a feature request.

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM
Without a formal way of supporting this (and it is a good feature suggestion), theoretically some ideas are you could put the latest version somewhere on a Wiki page, or a "LatestVersion.txt" in the source control, or something along those lines that your software could read to check.
Apr 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM
Biche, dunno if you're still reading this, but I support this in my project, Rawr, by adding the latest version number to the bottom of the main project page, in the smallest heading possible, wrapped in braces. ie, if you look at, you'll see {Current Version:} at the bottom of the main page. I make a web request for this page, and look for the first "{Current Version: " on the page, and know that that number is the latest version. (And I manually update it after each release)

Better than nothing, but I'd still like some way to get just the latest version from the site.
Apr 24, 2009 at 1:22 AM
Thanks Astrylian,

I've done something similar by creating another wiki page with the current version, then I do a web request like you said.

Thanks again!