Why do reviews show up in the "Releases" feed?

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:48 PM
I wanted to be notified when a new version was released.  So, I signed up for the RSS feed. 

Unfortunately, that included not only release announcements, but also discussion posts.  I really just wanted announcements.  So I looked to see if there was a different feed, and sure enough, there is: the "Releases" feed.  So I signed up for that.

Unfortunately, this includes not only release announcements, but also "reviews". 

I really, really don't care to be notified whenever some random person somewhere in the world decides that he or she has to say "Love Assert.Throws" or "Very very good".  I just want to know when a new version is released.

Why on earth are these things published in the "Releases" feed? Why is it expected that someone who wants to know when a new version is released probably also wants to know every human being's three-word opinion on the project?

Is there another feed that's really just release announcements? Or can they please be stopped from going into this feed?

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:11 PM
We are planning to split out reviews into their own seperate RSS feed in the next CodePlex release.  This should make the release RSS just about release announcements or updates.

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Excellent.  Thank you.