Publishing project, cannot find a way to do so.

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I am new to codeplex, and am trying to publish my project. Source code is not yet available, but is in development. I would like my project to be available for discussion, suggestions from other members and to "get the word out".

However, besides editing my pages, I only have a "Delete this project" button, and for the life of me I can't find a "Publish" button. I have seen projects without source code that are published, so I know it is possible, however I don't know how to do it.

Any help will be appreciated.
Dec 18, 2013 at 5:18 AM
hello shayr,

There will be four steps you have to do before publish a project ,
1.Describe your project on the home tab
2.Upload your source code.
3.Set your license.
4.Edit your project summary for better search results.

After you done these four steps the publish button will instead of delete button. Since now your source code is in development , you could create a release and upload some file as type source code, this also will recognized as you have upload source code, and the publish button will appear.
Marked as answer by kedavid on 12/23/2013 at 9:25 PM
Feb 4, 2014 at 2:12 AM
I have the same problem.
I've did all the steps and the publish button doesn't appear. I'm a coordinator.

Any help?
Feb 18, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Solution for anyone else who finds this thread...

I was feeling like a dork but I was in the same position. I have a project with lots of pages up. Now I want to add source.

I click the "3 of 4 Completed" area and the only thing left to do is "Upload your source code".
Click that and I get the Source Code tab.
There's no indication of what to do next. I don't see a Connect link, just:
Forks, Pull Requests, Fork, Clone, Unfollow, and Subscribe.

Following an example I clicked the Clone link. That had a link to "Using Git with CodePlex". With the link there I downloaded and installed Git for Windows.

The Windows Explorer context menus insist on using OpenSSH to connect, and that doesn't work here. So I continued to follow the instructions to publish code using the Bash command-line. With that I successfully uploaded the few files I wanted for my new project.

But using Bash is unnecessary and difficult when we have a GUI. Even after using "git config" to set my user, etc, I still got prompted when doing the push. That's just silly. So my next step is to look into TortoiseGit or some other option for direct operations from Visual Studio.

Any other paths that someone should be looking to take here?