Codeplex now uses HTTPS?

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Recently I noticed one of my Silverlight macros in my project's documentation was no longer displaying. After a while it was discovered the reason for this is that (on IE10 anyway) all codeplex webpages were being redirected to a HTTPS equivalent. This behaviour appears to be preventing Silverlight macros from being displayed if they lack SSL certification.

Is there anything that can be done to help?
Apr 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Hmm, a bit of an interesting problem. If you are logged in, then for security reasons we force you into using SSL. We could theoretically use a non-SSL link just for Silverlight macros, but at a minimum your browser would probably warn you about a non-SSL link on an SSL page.

If you're not logged in then it would work because you can use normal http when not logged in.
May 1, 2013 at 12:24 AM
It's not a big deal... If you can't implement a solution which would allow the use of non SSL hosted Silverlight content, then I'll simply remove those macros from my project wiki pages. Just figured you should know that this issue exists, and is most likely affecting numerous projects.