Compiling the docproject is very slow

Sep 25, 2008 at 12:04 AM
Hi,
I've created a simple windowsApplication project and added a new docproject so that windowsapplication help files can be generated from the new docproject I've created.
I kept the windowsapplication to be fairly small in order to test out  this docproject  document creation.  Everything went well except that it is taking too long to build compare to the size what i have (the windowsapplication).  Do you have any idea how i can speed up this build process for docproject?

Thanks in advance.
Sep 26, 2008 at 3:57 AM
Hi, 

This forum is for CodePlex.  For future reference, DocProject's forum is here.

One way to increase the performance for builds inside of Visual Studio and the DocProject External UI is to open the DocProject Properties window for your project and disable all of the values in Build | Build assembler options except for Trace Errors (disabling error info won't increase performance so you might as well leave it).  Note that removing the Cancelable flag will increase performance but once a help build starts the only way to stop it before it ends is to kill the process.

Building in a command window instead should also increase performance (see How To Build Compiled Help With MSBuild).

- Dave