Issue tracker: am I missing how to create different types of issues?

Jun 19, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Could someone tell me what is up with creating issues in terms of specifying the type?  Like if it is a bug, a feature request, or something else?  I created an issue, and was unable to see the list of types possible.  Therefore, I couldn't specify whether it was a feature request, which it was, or a bug.  Thanks for any feedback. 

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM

When submitting an issue there isn't a way to specify the type.  Only a project member can assign the type on an issue (for example during a review of new issues).

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I think that the person who writes the issue should be able to specify the type of issue during the creation of his message.

Then, while reviewing the issue, the developper could or leave the type the way it is or modify it (if it was an error).

The author of the issue wouldn't be able to modify the type after the creation of the issue.

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

The problem is that I can’t see the list of types.

Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 4:09 PM
To: Katherine Moss
Subject: Re: Issue tracker: am I missing how to create different types of issues? [CodePlex:360079]

I think that the person who writes the issue should be able to specify the type of issue during the creation of his message.

Then, while reviewing the issue, the developper could or leave the type the way it is or modify it (if it was an error).

The author of the issue wouldn't be able to modify the type after the creation of the issue.

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Oh. I see. I think I was thinking of another issue tracker on another site that I work with all the time.

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:51 AM
To: Katherine Moss
Subject: Re: Issue tracker: am I missing how to create different types of issues? [CodePlex:360079]

When submitting an issue there isn't a way to specify the type. Only a project member can assign the type on an issue (for example during a review of new issues).