How do I determine if my project code has changed?

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:53 AM
So I have a few projects on codeplex but I have not had the need to fiddle with there code for a while. So I don't know if the code I have on my local machine is different then that stored on the codeplex servers. I am trying to determine if sufficient changes were made so that I can provide a new release for the project. How does one determine if changes were made to the local files on my computer, and weather or not they are different then that stored on codeplex?

I don't want to have to right click each code file and "Compare" them, or use the pending changes window. Is there any easy way (or add-in) to display a list of code files for a project that are different then that stored on the codeplex servers? Or better yet is there a a way to right click on a project and select "Compare" and compare all changes across all project code files at once? (even though there is no right click "Compare"ing for entire projects)

Any help is apreciated.

It just seems to me having a "right click on a project and select "Compare" and compare all changes across all project code files at once" feature would be an easier way to view code changes for a project then having to go through and compare each code file by hand. Especilly if there is lots and lots of code files to compare.

The problem with the pending changes window is that it does not tell you exactly what code was changed.
Jul 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Which source control client are you using?
Jul 31, 2008 at 2:25 AM
I'm using "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Explorer Version 8.0.50727.762" that i downloaded from this codeplex site.
Jul 31, 2008 at 7:15 PM
Try opening the Source Control Explorer and right clicking on the root folder then selecting "Compare".  That should show you all changes to all files.
Aug 1, 2008 at 2:33 AM
Thanks for your help. Your suggestion is not quite what i had in mind but it will still work for me anyway.