"Daily Summary" feed - could you please publish a minimized version, without the "Most...Projects" lists (which are mostly static)?

Jul 1, 2008 at 11:08 PM
I subscribe to the main "Daily Summary" feed for Codeplex's projects (http://www.codeplex.com/rss.ashx), and I read them through my iPhone's subscription to Newsgator Online.  It's great to be able to review what's been happening on the site, but for someone who wants to actually skim through each day's updates, it feels really redundant to have to wade through the "Most Popular Projects" and "Most Active Projects" every day.

It's not that isn't useful information, but I find that it doesn't change often enough for me to bother reviewing it every single day.  It seems that checking its entries every week or two still keeps me apprised of any of the "contenders" that happen to leak into the Top Ten of either category.

I would LOVE to be able to subscribe to a Daily Summary feed that was truly just the "daily updates" - i.e. New Releases and New Projects.  That way I wouldn't have to skip over the "Most...Projects" every day that I review the feed entries.

As for the "Most...Projects" lists, I have a couple of suggestions that may make these more relevant, or less obtrusive:
  • Publish these lists once a week to a separate RSS feed.  This is about the frequency where any significant activity changes takes place, and that kind of frequency would make me less "numb" to seeing exactly the same set of entries every week.
  • Replace these "Most..." lists with Top Ten lists that actually provide information that changes every day - e.g. "Top Ten Climbers" (i.e. those projects whose week-over-week or day-over-day Visits or Page Views counts have the largest increase, rather than just the largest aggregate count).
Thanks for your consideration.