Codeplex gets upgraded, but no Status or Release info?

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:26 AM
Hey folks, thanks for upgrading (something) today on Codeplex.  It's unfortunate that you had to do it in the middle of the workday, but sometimes these things have to go that way.

However, when I went looking at the Current & Planned Releases for Codeplex project I noticed that there's been nothing published since 2007.  Further, when I went looking at the project homepage and the Discussions, I saw nothing to indicate any reason why the site had to go down today.

Do you folks still work on a scheduled Release cycle?  Do you have plans to re-institute scheduled Releases?

And is there any way we can get some visibility into what's happening on this service?  It's not entirely unreliable, but it's really troubling when things go wrong and there's no warning, nor any explanation afterwards.

Thanks for your hard work, and I hope this is just a temporary misfire.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:21 AM
Sorry for the delay, here's a blog post about the new release yesterday.
Jul 1, 2008 at 9:48 PM

jwanagel wrote:
Sorry for the delay, here's a blog post about the new release yesterday.

Thanks for this specific update - does this mean that you've abandoned use of the Releases feature, and will provide all updates of Codeplex functionality in the form of blog posts?  Does this mean that all bug requests will now remain "Open", never being assigned to any specific Release milestone?

I surely hope these aren't the case, but it'd definitely help me understand where I should be seeking such information, and which areas of the /Codeplex project I can stop checking.

Thanks, Mike
Jul 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM

We have updated the Releases tab for the last few CodePlex releases, and will be doing so from this point forward.

Thanks for your feedback -- it's good to know that the information is valued. For future releases, we will make sure the associated work items are linked in the Releases page.

The updates will be available under the Releases tab for the CodePlex project, and all release dates and summaries will be accessible via the Version History page.

The CodePlex Team
Jul 8, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Glad to hear that. I welcome any increase in transparency of development of this project, myself.