delete a change set?

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:12 PM
is there a way to delete a changeset via TFS?
Apr 24, 2008 at 12:57 AM
Edited Apr 24, 2008 at 12:59 AM
How can I remove a changeset from source control?

Unfortunately, Team Foundation Server does not support deleting a changeset. However we can do one of the following:

• We can delete a file from a specific changeset or from all changesets. This does have the side effect that if the file is necessary to compile, and someone retrieves that changeset, they will not be able to compile due to the missing file.
  • We can delete the entire project (including Wiki pages, Releases, Discussions, etc) and then you can recreate the project so it has no changeset history at all.
If you would like us to take either of these actions then you can submit a request using our Contact Us form.
Feb 22, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Hello is it still the case that you cannot delete a changeset via TFS on your project in codeplex?  For instance, we were attempting to do this via the TF Destroy command but it appears that we do not have rights to do so.

Thanks,

Derek

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Yes, you'll need to use our Contact Us form to request deleting a changeset.

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Thanks for your response.  I have requested a changeset be deleted and have not heard anything back.  I am just curious what might be the trick to this.  Other than that I am loving codeplex

May 29, 2011 at 2:22 AM

what's the turn around time on this? is there anyway to get priority service for a serious issue?

May 29, 2011 at 2:22 AM
geoderek wrote:

Thanks for your response.  I have requested a changeset be deleted and have not heard anything back.  I am just curious what might be the trick to this.  Other than that I am loving codeplex

Did it really take more than 2 days to get assistance?

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:48 AM

ImaginaryDev,

We can't delete changesets in TFS, but we can delete single files that contain senstive information like you requested.  I went back and checked your support email from Saturday and looks like you were given incorrect info regarding that by our support staff, so I apologize.

And usually these delete requests take us a few days to get to.

Thanks,
-Colin