Problem with Oracle Discovery

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I've put the Oracle MP in to our test environment, some things have been discovered, but there are some issues...

When I check the Alerts, I get...

The Oracle Database Instance: <INSTANCE NAME>, of the server: <SERVER NAME>, has not been fully discovered.  This may indicate that the instance was down at the time of discovery, or monitoring authentication is configured improperly.   The instance will not be fully monitored until the SID can be discovered.

When using the Oracle Server Diagram View, and drilling down to the warning, it's fialing on the "Oracle Database Instance SID Discovered Check, and reports an Operational State of SIDNotDiscovered.

From reading previous discussions, I determined that the /tmp/manage-X/mxosqp had not been created on the Oracle server during discovery, and there was a c:\cmdstr.txt file on the Monitoring server with what looks to be the file creation commands. When using the contents of the c:\cmdstr.txt file to create the /tmp/manage-X/mxosqp, it failed with an error. Looking at the contents of the c:\cmdstr.txt, it appears there is a syntax error with the file...

mkdir /tmp/manage-X;echo <ENCRYPTED_STRING> /tmp/manage-X/mxosqp;;chmod 755 /tmp/manage-X;chmod 700 /tmp/manage-X/mxosqp

*notice the 2 semi-colons before the first chmod command

I ran this command, removing one of the additional semi-colons, which looks to have created the file OK. I can successfully connect to the database using the following command:

bash# sqlplus `cat /tmp/manage-X/mxosqp | openssl enc -d -base64`

SQL*Plus: Release Production on Tue Jun 14 16:34:29 2011

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

...and so I don't think there's any authentication issues.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated?