SQL Express ETL (SSIS)?

Apr 10, 2008 at 2:34 PM
I have been looking for solution like simple ETL tools so i don't have to write much code to transfer data from SQL Express to a centeral hosted database.
The systems we have been deploying all have sql express, and these systems may have modem or dsl connectoin. So I have to push the data, I mean I cannot pull the data from these systems. I wish sql express had the SSIS built-in. .so i could have scheduled a task to extract data and upload to a hosted server...

i am wondering before i write any custom code.. any other options available?
Apr 16, 2008 at 1:20 AM
What is the edition of Central hosted database?
YOu can simply write a SSIS package on that server to get data from these systems, provided there is an user account with permissions on these servers?
Apr 19, 2008 at 6:57 PM
the situation I have is, the appliance we sell have applications that use sql express edition. and these appliances installed all over the country for various customers.
not all customers or all locatiosn will have dedicated ip address or they may have router or firewall, so having a pull model from center hosting server will not work.
so i am forced to look for a simple push model for sql express, there are etl tools like pentaho, could do the job... but again i have been researching if there is any microsoft solution ....

sqlmaster wrote:
What is the edition of Central hosted database?
YOu can simply write a SSIS package on that server to get data from these systems, provided there is an user account with permissions on these servers?