Reverting to a previous version of the Home page

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:07 AM

When clicking on the Page Info, I get to see the list of all page revisions. I can view them but unable to revert to a specific version. Is there a way to do that?

Grigori

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:57 AM

No, there isn't a revert function currently.  Revert to a previous version is a standard feature in fully open wiki's (i.e. allow anonymous editing), but since CodePlex project wiki's are restricted to project members we honestly have never had anyone ask about revert before, so we never bothered to add it.  You could log it as a feature request if it's an important feature to you.

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:47 PM

A workaround that you could use, is find the version you want in your history and then grab that version=XX value from the url. When you go into edit mode, add &version=XX to the url and it'll bring up the content for that version. Simply saving will revert to that revision's content.

Dec 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I woulnd't need it if only it had warned me that converting from the Wiki markup to HTML markup is irreversible.

It only tells you that when you are trying to go back.

The reason I want to go back is that even though I like HTML markup better for editing, the macros (in particular, RSS one)  don't get ported properly to the HTML markup.

I'll try the workaround.