Track Changes of Interrest

Nov 3, 2006 at 12:52 PM
One of the biggest problems i have with this site is, that its a real pain to get to all stuff that interrests me and that i dont get an alert on important stuff.

like i made a post in an discussion of another project, and now i want to know if there is a new post.

something like a river of news for stuff that i want to track.

features like
.) recent activity list from projects i tagged
.) changes in different areas (when someone checked in stuff in my projects, new post in my projects,...)
.) answer post to one of my discussion feeds
.) changes to one of my issuetracker items
.) subscibe to other issuetracker items
.) wiki change on projects

without that i come just once a week to go thru all i'm interrested in, and thats not really a discussion when there is one post a week or so....

cheers,
christoph
Nov 7, 2006 at 3:17 PM
two things

1. i would second this point. should have a whole area devoted to what alerts and how i'm notified by them. it's fundamental to get detailed discussions going, as you're not going to go through each forum looking to see when someone has replied, simply not realistic.

at the very least a flag to get emails upon change to any thread you've posted to. but would back a more sophisticated approach as mentioned above.

2. noticed this while writing this one. it would be very helpful to see the thread while writing a response. i know the discussion area is under development but thought i'd mention it.
Nov 7, 2006 at 6:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Please go ahead and enter these ideas as features in our issue tracker as this is where we derive many of our new features.

In the meantime you can use the project RSS feed located here:
http://www.codeplex.com/Project/ProjectRss.aspx?ProjectName=CodePlex
It aggregates changes to work items, forum posts, and wiki updates.