can't write logs with version 4.1 on Windows SVR 2008

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM

We have an application that uses Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging library Version 4.1. It uses the RollingFlatFileTraceListener.

It has been running on a server running Windows server 2003 for about a year and a half with no problems.

We migrated the application to a new set of servers that are running Windows 2008 SP2.

The program no longer runs. It throws:

D:\myApp.exe
Error Processing Data <== message from my app
The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.LogEntry <== message from library.
' threw an exception.
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.LogEntry..ctor()

I've found a few cryptic postings about permissions like this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff650018.aspx but I can not determine what this means.  

To set permissions for ASP.NET application directories

1. Add the FileIOPermission class to the policy file's <SecurityClasses> element.
  2. Set the Read and PathDiscovery attributes to the file specified in the Enterprise Library FileConfigurationSource class.
  3. Set the Read and Execute ACL permissions to the file specified in the FileConfigurationSource class.

We don't have a policy file. I have set the permissions on the target directory where the log is supposed to set to full access for everyone. So I can't tell if any of these apply.

Is there any other type of permissions I need to apply or is something else going on?

thanks

k