Site Performance Problems?

Mar 14, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Hey guys. Have there been performance problems lately, particularly on tfs03? TFS operations reliably have a 10-15sec delay on them, and our Issue Tracker frequently displays intermittent errors, in the past week or so.

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

This most likely is because TFS03 is currently our target server for new projects.  Since new projects initially tend to have a lot of activity, it generally creates a spike in server load when we're putting lots of new projects on a server, as well as the actual process of creating a project is pretty intensive for the server.  I've switched it so TFS02 is now the target for new projects, so the activity on TFS03 should start slowing down.  We're planning on deploying TFS 2010 next month, which should help with this problem since it has better load balancing capability.

Let me know if you keep having problems.

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Cool, thanks, will let you know if we still have any trouble!

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Hey again. Unfortunately, it just seems to be getting worse, at least in regard to the random errors. It's gotten to the point where I have to reload the issue tracker page I'm trying to load 3+ times, for every page load I want. :(

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM

This should be fixed now.  We recently upgraded two of our web servers to Windows 2008 R2, but discovered there is some kind of an issue there so have pulled those servers out of the cluster until we can fully diagnose what the issue is.