CalendarExtender inside hovermenu dissapears when mouseover

Nov 20, 2007 at 3:15 PM
Hi

<cc1:HoverMenuExtender ID="HoverMenuExtender1" Enabled="true" runat="server" TargetControlID="panelChart"
PopupControlID="panelKalenderPopUp" PopupPosition="Center">
</cc1:HoverMenuExtender>

This Hovermenu displays fine when I hover over my targetcontrol (panelChart).
The PopupControl contains a Calendarextender like this:

<asp:Panel ID="panelKalenderPopUp" runat="server" Width="300px" Height="200px"
Style="background-color: Gray;">
<asp:TextBox ID="calFromDate" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:Image ID="btnFromDate" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/web/images/Calendar.png" />
<cc1:CalendarExtender ID="CalendarExtender1" runat="server" OnClientHiding="keepAlive"
TargetControlID="calFromDate" PopupButtonID="btnFromDate">
</cc1:CalendarExtender>
</asp:Panel>

The Calendar pops up fine when I click on the Popupbutton, but when I hover over the calendar, the hovermenu dissapears or starts blinking on and off.

When I set the popdelay of the hovermenu to, say 99999, the calendar behaves correctly, but hovermenu stays visible on mouseout.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?

-Erlend
Dec 24, 2008 at 3:41 AM

I'm having the exact same problem.  Have you found a solution for this?

- John

Dec 24, 2008 at 7:24 PM
This is the Discussions page for the CodePlex site. You may have more luck finding an answer at the Discussions page for the project you're using.
Apr 7, 2009 at 7:48 PM
In the code behind (VB.NET or C#) add the following lines:

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

YourCalendarExtender.OnClientShown =

"function(){Sys.Application.findComponent('" + YourHoverMenuExtender.ClientID + "')._hoverBehavior.set_unhoverDelay(99999)}"
    YourCalendarExtender.OnClientHidden = "function(){Sys.Application.findComponent('" + YourHoverMenuExtender.ClientID + "')._hoverBehavior.set_unhoverDelay(100)}"

End Sub