What's Codeplex's TF Server's name

May 25, 2006 at 10:38 PM
Sorry if I missed it really obvious somewhere, but what's the server address. I installed the Server Explorer plugin for Visual Studio, and entered www.codeplex.com as the server, but it didn't seem to like it. Thanks in advance for the help.
May 26, 2006 at 2:13 AM
I'm not sure if it's different for each project but if you go to the Source Code tab of your project, the connection (and your user login) information is there.
Jun 2, 2006 at 6:32 PM
Do you have to be a member of a project to see that information? Read only access(for everyone) to a project files' would be nice.
Jun 2, 2006 at 9:49 PM
Yes, you must be a member of the project to get access to the TFS server. You can go to the Source Control tab of the project to get snapshots of the recently checked in code.
Jun 3, 2006 at 9:25 PM
Can public source code access be turned on for CodePlex? In other sites, like GotDotNet and Sourceforge, the public has read-only access to the code. That way people can experiment with the code and see if they have anythign to contribute.

The easiest way to get this working would be to allow public read-only access to all TFS projects -- that way someone can check out a project in TFS and play with it.

Thanks,
--Oren
Jun 7, 2006 at 5:39 PM
Any chance we could get public (but logged-in) read-only access to the project repository?
Jun 27, 2006 at 1:46 AM
No news on this topic,
this would demonstrate Team Foundation Server rights and security enforcements on a laerge scale

Please keep us informed of future directions on this subject
Jun 27, 2006 at 6:16 AM
This is something we'd like to do, but the server isn't scaled enough yet to support it.
Mar 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM
I know this thread is ancient (I stumbled across it during a search for a completely different topic), but if this is ever implemented, PLEASE make is selectable (on/off) at a per project level - including the ability to suspend it for periods of time...