Connect to TFS with Team Explorer 2008 or 2005
To add Team Foundation Server to the Visual Studio IDE
If you are using Team Explorer 2008 or 2005 make sure you have the compatibility pack installed before trying to connect:
You will only have permissions for connecting to the CodePlex Team Foundation Server if you have been added as a Coordinator or Developer to one or more CodePlex projects.
- Open a browser and navigate to the CodePlex website.
- Log into the CodePlex website using your already registered username and password.
- Browse to the Source Code tab of the project that you are a Coordinator or Developer on.
- Near the top of the tab there will be connection information. Make a note of the:
- Team Foundation Server Name
- Port Number
- Project Collection
- Run Microsoft Visual Studio.
- If the Team Explorer isn’t currently displayed, click the View menu and then select Team Explorer. -or- Click the button from the toolbar.
- At the top of the Team Explorer tool window, click the button (Add Existing Team Project).
- In the Connect to Team Foundation Server dialog box, click Servers.
- In the Add/Remove Team Foundation Server dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add Foundation Server name dialog, enter the full Team Foundation Server Name url. For example if your project's TFS name url was https://tfs.codeplex.com/tfs/TFS02 this step should look like this:
- Click OK to connect to the server. If the information you entered is correct, you will be prompted for your user name and password.
- In the Connect to ServerName dialog, type in the username that was on the connection instructions from the Source Code tab, and your CodePlex Password, and then click OK. The CodePlex project(s) to which you are a member will appear.
- Select the CodePlex project(s) to which you want to connect, and then click OK.
Clear the selection of any project, and then click Cancel
to add the server connection without connecting to a project.