Question: true purpose

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:27 PM
What is the true purpose of this site? If I create a project and run into a development snag and post the snag, is the idea that any developer not “can” but “will” actually help to fix the problem to help move the project forward? Or is the idea to only point out to me that there is a problem?

In other words: is this more like a forum or a true open source?
Apr 27, 2007 at 8:55 PM
The purpose of this site is to host open source projects. A project owner can add additional people as developers on the project using the Manage Team option on the People tab.
Apr 27, 2007 at 9:05 PM

jwanagel wrote:
The purpose of this site is to host open source projects. A project owner can add additional people as developers on the project using the Manage Team option on the People tab.

Yes but does it mean that those additional people setup as developers on the project are suppose to actually write and / or fix the code? In other words, I write code, I post it, they make it better and collectively we all make it better. Is this correct?
Apr 28, 2007 at 1:10 AM
If those people set up as developers are so inclined to do so, absolutely.
Apr 30, 2007 at 6:35 AM
People are not added to the developers list (for a project) can still contribute. They would have to do so through the Issues and Discursions features of Codeplex.
There is also a work item that talks about a “Patch” feature. http://www.codeplex.com/CodePlex/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2893