CodePlexAPI CreateRelease Credentials

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:45 PM
I am having a problem with the CreateRelease API. I have tried the Web Service and the Wrapper API. Both give me an error saying "Insufficient permissions to perform the operation." when I try to create a release. I am a coordinator on the project that I am attempting to create the release for. The project has been published ( not sure if that matters ).

Should the credentials that are passed to the ReleaseService be the same credentials that are used to login to CodePlex website, or like the credentials used to login using TeamPrise/Visual Studio?

The project is CPRP which is a CruiseControl.NET publisher that will create releases on CodePlex after a successful build.
Apr 26, 2007 at 3:41 PM
Never mind, it seems that the project name is case sensitive. That was my problem.
Jan 28, 2009 at 3:37 PM
I am having this same problem.  I checked the case of the project name.  Are there any known issues around what causes this error?
Jan 28, 2009 at 5:25 PM
do you have "" for the web service url or "", i had issues the the ccnetplugins project when I did not have "www.".
Jan 28, 2009 at 5:51 PM
Yes I am using the full url :  that is configured with the latest trunk of the CCNet Plugins.

I am able to step through the integration test that comes with the ccnet plugin and it works.  When I change the project and credentials to those for my project it does not work.  I was thinking it is some sort of settings with my project or member settings.