Problems With TFS01?

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:33 PM
A user has recently reported that a couple of links to work items from a discussion post that I made on Apr. 19 no longer work. I found the issues in the Issue Tracker, but I get an error when I click on those work items and a few others. However, not all of the work items are broken - some still work.

Also, there are no related work items in any of my releases. Just a red error message:

Unable to display related work items.
The TFS server is currently not available.

The project is DocProject. An example of a broken work item is #9633.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

- Dave
Apr 25, 2007 at 7:09 PM
I just realized that under the Activity sidebar on the DocProject home page wiki, Work Items Closed is -1. Lol.

BTW, great job on the new presentation of releases - it's certainly the best yet, although I'd still prefer if the Votes in Release thing didn't appear in the most important place on the page ;)

- Dave
Apr 28, 2007 at 7:49 AM

I scheduled a release for Monday and I'd really like to have my work items back ;)

Up until now it didn't really matter that I couldn't see any work items on the releases page or view several of my work items in the Issue Tracker, but now I just tried to edit a work item that I could see and I kept getting what appeared to be an AJAX-related error each time I tried to submit the changes. I tried a few times and my comments were actually submitted each time, unbeknownst to me, so now there are duplicates.

There doesn't appear to be any information about TFS01 server issues in the System Outage Report and I don't see any other related discussions so I guess it's just my project with this issue. Could this issue have anything to do with the recent problems with TFS03?

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:10 PM
In case it might help, here's the AJAX error that I receive when I try to edit one particular work item (I haven't tried to edit any others yet):

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException. An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:07 PM
I'll send this in to our customer support system.

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:33 AM
Thanks very much :)
Apr 29, 2007 at 7:30 AM

davedev wrote:
Thanks very much :)

This should be fixed now. Sorry for the delay.
Apr 29, 2007 at 10:20 AM
Yep, I can see related work items now and I was able to update the work item that gave me trouble before.