Update of Apr. 24 release?

Apr 10, 2007 at 9:33 PM
Hi CodePlex team -

I know you're all busy with the next iteration, but I wonder if you might take a bit of time to update the Apr. 24th release description? It's said "more details to come" for a while, and I've been eagerly awaiting them. I plan on taking advantage of the release API, and would like to know some of the broad parameters of the API as I work on the build scripts for SharpMap.
Apr 11, 2007 at 1:34 AM
I wondered the same thing. I was told that they will be releasing an MSBuild Task as well as a CruiseControl.NET Source Control Block specifically for CodePlex. Actually, here is basically what Jim Newkirk told me would be included.

* A .NET wrapper which calls the web services
* MSBuild Tasks to create a release and upload files
* An API to retrieve the zip file for a particular source code change set that can be called without credentials
* A Source Control Block to be used in CruiseControl.Net to make it easy to integrate with CodePlex.

That is really all the details that I got on the subject. I hope they release some specifics before the actually release so the project can start getting ready to use it.
Apr 11, 2007 at 5:48 AM
We tend not to release a lot of details before our releases, because we'd rather not promise something we can't deliver. As with as much of this stuff as we can, we dogfood it before it gets to you, so I can tell you with experience that everything is stable and ready to go. :) We've been doing internal builds with the CodePlex source control block for a few weeks now, as well as nightly builds uploading via the MSBuild task.

On launch day, we'll have Wiki documentation and examples available. I promise, it'll be easy to use. :)