CAB Command Selection

Apr 10, 2007 at 8:45 AM
Hi there, I'm investigating the use of CAB for a company I've just started working for and I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for.

We need a command manager which maintains and updates a list of valid commands given a selection of objects. Different commands should be available based on the contexts of no items selected, 1 item selected or 1 or more items selected.

We would also like the selection of our business objects (a subset of the model) to be synchronised with the view, commands should be validated based on the based one business object in the selection being valid. This means that the command must revalidate itself against each item in the selection before execution.

Is there a mechanism in CAB that would allow us to do this or is it a case of developing our own?

Are there any sample projects which demonstrate this kind of command management?

Thanks
Paul
Apr 10, 2007 at 6:54 PM
This is the CodePlex website forum. You're looking for the Composite Application Block forum, which is part of the Smart Client Guidance project, found here.