Include DotRas in a own Visual C++ 2008 Project

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:34 AM

Hello Friends,

seraching for a solution to use Ras functions in my application I come to your web side.

I have seen the DotRas SDK and I like to kown something about it.

At the beginning I have donload DotRas from the web side and install it. But until now i wasn't able to include it into my project.

Also my questions to that:

Is it possible to include DotRas in a own VC C++2008 professioal projekt?

And if yes is there any description how to include and use it?

At the end the my programm should run on a other PC. Did I need there something of DotRas? 

All the best,

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM

I happened to run across this thread while googling, you've posted in the wrong spot. is where you should have posted your question. This discussion forum is for the CodePlex website.

Now, to answer your questions:

Yes, DotRas can be used in a C++ 2008 project however you must use a "CLR" project type. I don't know if you can use .NET from the others (you probably can if you host the framework yourself, but I'm not going to get into that).

No, you do not need to do anything to the other machine for DotRas to work successfully. As long as it has the appropriate permissions to run, it will work perfectly fine.

If you have any other questions, please make sure you post in the correct discussion forum so your question gets answered in a timely manner.