TFS and Codeplex

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding Codeplex.

1. Is there any way to synchronize between our private Team Foundation Server and Codeplex?

2. Can we create the product backlog in TFS? Can we use all TFS features in Codeplex?

3. Can we configure the continues integration in Codeplex? Or Do we have to create our own build server and link with codeplex? 

4. Is it possible to have daily build or nightly build? 

Thanks,
Michael Sync 

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Hi Michael,

1) There are tools out there that are supposed to do TFS to TFS migration & synchronization (i.e. TFS Integration Platform).  I haven't tested any myself.

2) CodePlex integrates with TFS version control and work item tracking.  We use CodePlex internally to make a backlog using releases (iterations in TFS) and components (areas in TFS).

3,4) We don't provide a build server though we have released an easy to use CC.NET source block that can post builds to CodePlex automatically after they are finished.

Thanks,
-Colin

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Great. Thanks. I will try to sync with my TFS .. Thanks. 

We can use TFS for continues integration, right? Why did you guys recommend CruiseControl.NET over TF build?

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Oops, I meant to say that our cc source block allows for easy continuous integration with CodePlex projects.  CC.Net Community PlugIns is the tool that has the plugin for CodePlex release publishing.

And unforunately we do not support TF build on our servers, but certainly if you were able to get TFS sync working with your private server TF build would work great.

Thanks,
-Colin

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Okay. Great. Thanks Colin.