Can not create a new project

Dec 19, 2009 at 4:38 AM

Could any one tell me why I can not create a new project? When I clicked the finish button in step 2, I was brought back to the web again. And I tried to click finish again,but it just doesn't work.
help me

Dec 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Can you contact CodePlex support with the details of the project you are trying to create (Project Title, Url, Summary, etc)?  We should be able to help narrow down the issue.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:54 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried several different tests, none of them can be created successfully. ( such as use "testagain2" as the title and url. )

They all failed in  "Email & Verification" step. When I clicked the finish, the web page just refreshed.

I have no idea what's the problem.

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Can you try changing your email address on the update profile page to a different email and retrying?

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Following your suggestion, I changed my email address. But still not working. 

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Can you email CodePlex support your browser details and maybe a screenshot of the failed step?  We can hopefully track down the issue for you.  Also in the interim if you email us the project name you'd like we can create the project for you and transfer ownership.

Thanks,
-Colin

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:23 AM

I have finally found the problem.

It's all about recaptcha.  Because my network here can not access the recaptcha website directly, I just can not see the identifying code in the step2.

Today, I just tried with a proxy and I created it successfully.

I'm sorry to bother you. Thank you very much for you help.

And finally I suggest that you can make a hint or sign to tell that there is a identifying code from recaptcha.com website. That would be much help.

Thank you again.