Rename Project

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:13 AM
Dear CodePlex team,

is it possible to rename a project? I mean my project is named "Nquery". Using "Edit Project Details" I was able to fix the spelling to "NQuery" (note capital 'Q') but I cannot change the actual name that is publicly visible through the URL. I suppose that is the name of the underlying TFS team project. I am not sure if it is possible to rename team projects in TFS; however, I was not able to this in Team Explorer so I guess it is either a permission related issue or simply not possible.

Best Regards,
terrajobst
Mar 6, 2007 at 8:20 AM
We don't support changing the URL name. You could log it as a feature request, but the URL name is meant to match the TFS project name, and TFS doesn't support renaming projects.
Mar 6, 2007 at 4:19 PM

We don't support changing the URL name. You could log it as a feature request, but the URL name is meant to match the TFS project name, and TFS doesn't support renaming projects.

Well actually it is not that important to me (at least the names are case-insensitive treated, so I can publish the URL with a capital Q).

but the URL name is meant to match the TFS project name, and TFS doesn't support renaming projects.

I can live with that. Nonetheless, thank you very much for the quick response :-)