Comments on Wiki Pages

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM

In my project (jQuery Library for SharePoint Web Services), I'm using Documentation Wiki pages for all of my documentation (oddly enough).  I've had quite a few situations where people have posted questions in the comments on the wiki pages and then gotten ticked off that I haven't reponded.  Since there's no way to subscribe to Wiki comments (that I can find, anyway), these just get lost.  It's also impossible to remove them, no matter how irrelevant they may be if the page is reporposed, changes darstically due to a new version, etc.

So, I guess that I've like to see either the ability to subscribe to Wiki page comments or turn them off.  I'd also like to be able to remove comments that are no longer relevant, as they just clutter things up.

I saw a few other posts here about these issues, but no real resolution.  Anyone have any thoughts?

M.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:02 PM

There isn't a way to subscribe to wiki comments, but one thing we do have is a wiki comments report so you can easily see any comments across all wiki pages.  Also, as a project coordinator you should be able to delete any comment on any wiki page (via a "Delete this comment" link next to the comment).

There is also a feature request for adding wiki comments to the RSS feed that you could add your vote for: http://codeplex.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=5598

I didn't find a feature request for subscribing to wiki comments, but you could log a request for that as well.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM

That wiki comments report is very useful! How do you navigate to it without the magic coordinator's help?  ;+)  How I missed that "Delete this comment" link is beyond me.  Thanks for pointing it out.

M.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM

We need to move the link to a more discoverable place, but you can find it by clicking on the "Change History (all pages)" link and then click the "Latest Comments" link on the right side.