C# Accounting/Payroll System

Feb 28, 2007 at 5:02 PM
I have looked around for a Payroll/Accounting package that is open source and written in C#. I have not found any good ones. Some one suggested that there are low cost packages that will sell the source. I need the source because I have requirements that are specific to this line of work.

Does anyone know of a package that either:
1) has a sdk that I can override certain thing
2) totally open source
3) cheap cost for product and source

Thanks for any help.

Sean
Mar 1, 2007 at 2:01 AM
I don't know if we are allowed to mention Sourceforge.net here. hehe. But I believe it hosts a lot of open-source accounting / payroll stuff there.
Mar 1, 2007 at 1:35 PM
I don't know either, but I have already been there. I am looking for either VB.net or C#.net applications.
Mar 2, 2007 at 2:07 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2007 at 2:09 AM
ahhh i see, that's a bit pain in the neck to reverse engineer some accounting software.. try this link in planet source code (i remember i got my thesis from this site... hehe) http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=5518&lngWId=10
I'd say the guy's payroll accounting software may be the one you're looking for! I know you can taylor it further to your business requirements. good luck and happy coding!! hope you share your software also here at Codeplex. Cheers! David.
Mar 8, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Yeah I saw that. It was a little primitive so I thought I could find something a little more advanced. If anyone finds anything please post here.