Release notes getting clipped??

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:55 AM

I'm working on uploading a couple of projects to CodePlex; as can be imagined, I have some relatively lengthy release notes. (500 characters or so)

I've been doing just fine, but this last release keeps having its release notes clipped - here are the notes.

* KidSafe installer now uses the updated (version 1.0) PortableApps.com Installer

* Fixed some minor problems with appinfo.ico and appinfo.ini

* Fixed a problem with the package version number - it's now independent of the KidSafe version number, and accurately reflects the version of the KidSafe installer instead of the KidSafe application

* Corrected the app category by changing it from "Utility" to "Utilities"

* Made other minor changes to the installer

The notes keep getting clipped - here's what they look like after getting clipped.

* KidSafe installer now uses the updated (version 1.0) PortableApps.com Installer
    * Fixed some minor problems with appinfo.ico and appinfo.ini
    * Fixed a problem with the package version number - it's now independent of the KidSafe version number, and accurately reflects the version of the KidSafe installer instead of the KidSafe application
    * Corrected the app category by changing it f

As can be imagined, I'm fairly upset - I'm supposed to have a 4,000 character limit (per the text near the release notes entry textbox), but can't even get 500 chars.

Could anybody explain this?

(btw, if it makes any difference, I'm using Firefox with the NoScript addon - I have allowed codeplex.com though)

Thanks!

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Edited Dec 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

It looks like you found a bug in our release notes section that occurs only when you try to create a release.  We are now tracking this bug and will fix it in our next CodePlex release.  In the meantime as a workaround you can create a release in a hidden/planned state and then edit that release to insert your release notes.

Thanks,
-Colin

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Thanks, that worked! :D

On a side note (possibly related), the "characters remaining" counter doesn't seem to be working - it stays at 4,000 no matter how many characters I type. Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know...