Relationship of EntLib, Web Client Factory and Web Service Factory?

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:54 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to get a handle on the relationship of these components and factories, particularly from the perspective of retaining distinct application tiers.

The Web Client Factory seems to automate the process of creating the 'V' and 'C' of the MVC pattern, but leaves the approach to the model alone. Whereas the Service Factory seems to create stubs for business objects and data access. And then there are the application blocks in EntLib that can implement the model and provide cross-cutting application services.

So, is there established best practice for bring all of this together? Can Guidance Automation combine all of this so that a single solution can include web clients, services, shared business objects and data access? Or is a separate solution for each tier and presentation technology the preferred approach?

(Sorry if this is well-trodden ground, but I haven't had the time to research this thoroughly yet and haven't found any well signposted commentary).

Regards,

Andy.
Feb 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM
Hi Andy,

This forum is for discussing the CodePlex project itself. I would suggest posting this question in the EntLib discussions or one of the factory projects.

Thanks,

Jim