Recipe Framework Error

Feb 7, 2007 at 4:39 AM
I've spent the afternoon installing and testing the Web Client and Service Software factories. Everything has gone well this time - probably because I followed the WCSF getting started page on this site this time - except when I created a new solution and tried to add another page. I do this by right clicking on the websites main node in the solution explorer and going to Web Client Factory and then clicking on Add View (with presenter). I get this error:

An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateView. Error Was: an error happened while calling the value provider or evaluating the default value of argument ModuleInfos..

You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager.

The technical stuff underneath says this:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ValueProviderException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateView. Error was: An error happened while calling the value provider or evaluating the default value of argument ModuleInfos..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Configuration.DependantModuleInfo[] specified for argument ModuleInfos can't be converted to the argument type Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Configuration.DependantModuleInfo[].
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.DictionaryService.SetValue(Object key, Object value)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

So far I've tried removing the reference in the Guidance Package Manager, but that just takes the option of adding a view entirely. I've also tried executing the view with presenter within the Guidance Package Manager - but it didn't create a view as far as I can tell (both navigating in the solution explorer to the path I chose, and the directory itself)

I'm exhausted and going to give up for the day and have another look tomorrow. Can anyone help figure out what is wrong?? Would really appreciate some advice. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a simple workaround? Do I need to create views or can i do it another way?

Thanks in advance
Mikey

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:57 AM
I managed to work around the problem encountered above by using the Guidance Package manager to create my view, and putting it in a different directory also helped. I just tried using the right-click and that worked too. I can't explain why, but maybe installing the Enterprise Library this morning helped.

Mikey