Visual studio Problem

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Hi all,

I need some tips on the project working now:

My project is working on a development PC windows vista and my user profile is not Administrator and I can run my web application by open the project .sln folder but the visual studio is not running as admin until recently when my colleague did some changing in UAC of PC, the project that I open cannot be run when I hit F5 to debug in browser. It returns :

Failed to map the path '/'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'

Unless I run visual studio as administrator then it works again. and If I login as administrator for my PC the .sln file cannot be open even I double click it. I figure out that .sln project shortcut cannot find visual studio 2008 so I manually target the default program to open it is devenv.exe(vs 2008 exe icon). Is that the correct way to do so? The project works well now as my visual studio now always run as Administrator. Will I face problem in deployment in future?