Is Codeplex Hacked

Sep 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Is Codeplex hacked? I am seeing a message "Are you sure? X" displayed at the start of many pages when doing a Google search as shown below Image
Sep 15, 2014 at 6:47 AM
That's fascinating - we should probably look at our robots.txt to see what the Google crawler is doing here and prevent that message from getting returned and stored in their index. (The behaviour seems to be unique to Google's crawler)

I have to say that I didn't see this unless searching for the particular search term
"Are you sure? X" message
But I'm guessing you stumbled across this some other way? I'm not seeing this returned by usual organic search results coming to CodePlex - let me know if you are.
Sep 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Edited Sep 15, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I saw it when doing a search for my project on 13 Sep. The screenshot below was taken today 15 Sep. The "Are you sure" has appeared against a few pages over the past few days. Image
Oct 1, 2014 at 5:54 AM
I'm not seeing that as of the time of posting. We provide a sitemap information and robots.txt as per Google's webmaster guidelines so they should have the information they need to crawl the site correctly and give extended information like you see above. Let me know if you are still seeing the issue - they are obviously constantly iterating on their algorithm and results so it's possible that this was a passing issue on their end.
Aug 10, 2015 at 12:13 PM
To change topic a little, apart from a few exceptions it seem only codeplex home pages are being indexed by google and bing, and not other wiki pages or discussions, any ideas why?