Drive List, Directory command, Filesystem in general

Apr 6, 2009 at 5:29 AM
Alright. I've been trying for three hours now to get Cosmos to give me a list of drives on the system, but every time I go to compile, it refuses to compile, stating that multidimensional arrays are not supported yet. Alright, while frustrating, I know that there must be a workaround other than using GetDrives(). Does anyone know what this is?

I'm also getting the same error whenever I work on my ls command.

Now, while I have a good idea of what I'm doing, I need some more knowledge here, without taking apart Linux to try and grope for ideas, how exactly does an OS work, I know that there is a shell, it mus be modular, that's how you get your little .exe's and everything else going. But, how do you go from a static shell to a modular shell without being able to use multidimensional arrays and a filesystem? Speaking of filesystems, what filesystem does Cosmos default to when you first build it?

Also, what is drive /0? Everything speeds by so fast when I first boot that I can't read what it lists for all the drives. :( I'm assuming 0 is A\?

Please don't treat me as the fool I sound, I'm still new to all this hardware coding.
Apr 6, 2009 at 6:16 AM
WHAAA! :(

Alright. I finally got the stupid thing to list files, but the whole thing crashed and said there was no file system. I guess I have to figure out a way to format first, now. ;)

Well, this is getting more and more complex. I hope I can pull something off, even if it is just a hoaky little command prompt os until we can use the Winforms and such to construct a GUI for the system. ;)
Apr 6, 2009 at 6:59 AM
Alright. i finally got LS to work without dying. However, now I'm trying to read what is on A:, but it is telling me *** SYSTEM FAULT *** General Protection Fault at 0x0026CCA1.

Anyone got some ideas, please don't tell me something silly like I'm trying to push Cosmos to hard. ;)