Codeplex Reliability Issues

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Hi Guys, while codeplex functionality is getting better, the reliability of the service seems to be getting worse. I frequently suffer timeouts and application exceptions.
If you have spent a long time preparing a forum post it is particularly annoying as you cannot either refresh the browser to repost or go back to the editor and have it still populated.. If only I remembered to always select all and copy before I hit send...
I am hoping that the recent change to sub domains is part of a bigger infrastructure expansion project..
Cheers jd
Mar 11, 2009 at 5:29 PM
I'm sorry about the troubles.  We upgraded to SQL server 2008 last week, and we're discovering certain combinations of queries are behaving very differently then they did with SQL 2005.  Differently in a not good way.  So we've been tracking them down and tweaking the queries so they run normally again.

Over the next couple days we expect to have all the queries updated and things running smoothly again.
Mar 11, 2009 at 6:31 PM
That's good to hear, I was getting concerned earlier today. Seems like there are frequent (at least more frequent than we'd expect) blackouts with either the website or TFS servers. I absolutely love CodePlex, but the reliability right now doesn't seem to measure up with the older open source hosting services.
Mar 11, 2009 at 6:57 PM
I cannot get to my source code and I'm assuming that this is the problem.  Is there any ETA when it will be fixed?
Mar 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM
It is back online now.
Mar 11, 2009 at 9:33 PM
I'm having trouble connecting to any of the CodePlex projects via subversion... is it really back up? I've tried from a variety of different machines and connections. 
Mar 12, 2009 at 12:32 AM
SVNBridge is back online now.
Mar 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM
Nice, much appreciated!