Limitations of RSS Macro

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:39 PM
I'm tyring to use the RSS macro to create a summary of my blog on my project page.  The RSS feed for the blog is made available through feedburner, and all RSS urls on my blog site redirect to the feedburner URL.  For instance, and both redirect to

When I attempt to use either of these URLs with the RSS macro, I am presented with the following error message.

Error rendering macro: rss   Invalid parameter: url: no rss channel could be found

What are the limitations of the macro, and how can I use it to correctly read my blog's RSS feed?
Feb 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM
Hi Steve,

It looks like the feed you are trying to link is an Atom feed, not an RSS feed.  We currently don't support the Atom spec in our macro but you can add that as a feature request here.
Feb 27, 2009 at 3:51 AM
Thank your for following up Colin.  It is much appreciated!
Mar 26, 2009 at 7:28 PM
On a side note, I've noticed that FeedBurner has the capability to "detect" what type of RSS client is attempting to access the feed (i.e. RSS x.y, Atom, etc...), and the return an appropriately formatted XML.  I thought that enabling this feature might address my issue, but I had no luck.

In order for the FeedBurner feature to work, I suspect that the RSS client needs to provide some version information, like a user agent string, whenn connecting to the RSS service.  I'm not sure if the CodePlex client does this right now, but it might be something worth looking into for enhancing the feature.