Why do reviews show up in the "Releases" feed?

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:48 PM
I wanted to be notified when a new version was released.  So, I signed up for the RSS feed. 

Unfortunately, that included not only release announcements, but also discussion posts.  I really just wanted announcements.  So I looked to see if there was a different feed, and sure enough, there is: the "Releases" feed.  So I signed up for that.

Unfortunately, this includes not only release announcements, but also "reviews". 

I really, really don't care to be notified whenever some random person somewhere in the world decides that he or she has to say "Love Assert.Throws" or "Very very good".  I just want to know when a new version is released.

Why on earth are these things published in the "Releases" feed? Why is it expected that someone who wants to know when a new version is released probably also wants to know every human being's three-word opinion on the project?

Is there another feed that's really just release announcements? Or can they please be stopped from going into this feed?

Thanks.
Feb 13, 2009 at 5:11 PM
We are planning to split out reviews into their own seperate RSS feed in the next CodePlex release.  This should make the release RSS just about release announcements or updates.

Thanks,
-Colin
Feb 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Excellent.  Thank you.