RE: FORMATTING HARDDRIVE

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Hi Guys

I seem to be having a HUGE problem

I have one of the old white Wii's and have successfully softmodded it. I have purchased a Toshiba 1 TB drive as per the HDD compatibility list. The drive is formatted in the NTFS file system. I have downloaded the WBFS for 32 bit and 64 bit as I tried this on two computers.

Once in WBFS manager I format the entire hard drive in to WBFS there are no partitions. I have also seen the previous discussion regarding making sure all windows are closed and also run WBFS manger as administrator and given the program full control. I copy the games on to the hard drive and all works fine. I even play it on the Wii.

The problems are as follows

1) before I unplug the HDD from the PC I try to check on my computer whether anything has copied in my computer it says there is no items to be found.

2) when I plug the HDD back into the PC after playing it, it says that the hard drive needs to be reformatted in order to use it. this happens every time after I reformat and reload games

3) the file system changes from NTFS to RAW

The HDD seems to work fine where after formatting I can watch movies and store stuff on the HDD. Its just when I format into WBFS that I have the problem.

Would really appreciate any advice

Thanks
Keep on Gaming