Mar 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Edited Mar 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I "upgraded" to verison 1.0 but just could not get it to work (error 0x80040201) even after applying the Microsoft HotFix and doing multiple uninstalls, re-installs and reboots. I finally uninstalled it and re-installed the v0.9 Beta and all
was well again. It seems the version 1.0 just did not find the shared connection. I hope this helps someone? For info I am using Win 7 Home Premium.
These are the steps I followed:
Uninstall Version 1.0 if necessary and reboot
Delete the Virtual Router Folder in Program Files (x86)
Run setup for the v0.9 Beta
When setup is complete:
1) Open Network & Sharing Center
2) Click Change Adapter Settings
3) Rename new wireless connection to a short name without spaces (our old friend DOS?!)
4) Right click Wireless Network Connection
5) Select Properties / Sharing tab
6) Tick top box "Allow other users to connect through this computer's connection"
7) Select newly named network connection in the dropdown box below
8) Click OK
Interestingly the new installation remembered my old SSID and password?!
This discussion area is about the CodePlex website itself. For questions related to a project on CodePlex, such as Enterprise Library, AJAX Control Toolkit, SharePoint Learning Kit, or Web Client Software Factory, you should find the project in the project
directory and enter your question in the discussion area for the project.