First impressions / Compliments! / Introduction

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Like whoah you guys!

It started with me looking into SharePoint server and the freely available SharePoint Foundation 2010 which I can even use for my own stuff. I've become very impressed with the specifications and the way it all seems to blend together.

I don't know how I got here (iirc due to a mention on MSDN or TechNet) but I sure am glad I found you guys... Ever since Sun got run over (personal opinion) I simply didn't feel like maintaining my stuff on Kenai anymore because I simply do not like Oracle (long offtopic story). But there's good within the bad; because those events also led up to me discovering Windows Server 2003 (which I also enjoy working with).

Alas; I'm basically a systems engineer (both Linux and Windows minded). Due to my Solaris background I've also become quite familiar with Java (which is my preferred language so far) but I'm growing more and more weary with Oracle. Which led up to me diving into both VB.NET and most of all C#.NET. I used to keep the free Express versions of 2010 around but due to recent developments I'm now seriously evaluating Visual Studio 2012 Professional.

And that's where I found you lot. I have to say that my impressions of Microsoft become quite positive over the past few years, but to be honest I wasn't expecting this. A "Kenai-like" environment which isn't even tied into any specific language. Open source too....

SO; you guys got one new fan around and I'm seriously going to check if I can share some (recent & active) Java projects but most of all going to see if I have good stuff to share regarding PowerShell, VBA and who knows; might be able to open source a hobby C#.NET project I'm currently messing with.

Kind regards,

Peter
Jan 31, 2013 at 9:02 AM
hello ;}
Jan 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Welcome Peter!
Feb 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Hello,

Just THANKS a lot, you are a great team...

Best regards,

Laurent