Using SSH with my Tortoise GIT for CodePlex

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I'm setting up my open sourced project on CodePlex and I'm having trouble setting up my SSH keys to push without having to supply my username - password every time. And by trouble I mean I can't find where to upload my key and any documentation about that.

Is this feature not supported on CodePlex?

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM

We don't support SSH, instead you can use the git credential cache extension.  It works much better than SSH keys for solving the problem of entering your username/password multiple times.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Can I use this with Tortoise GIT?

EDIT: Ok, got it to work, needed to update my git tool to have the latest and to make sure it was into my cmd path. Works well! Thanks!
Feb 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Is there any plans to support SSH. I have my project setup on a public build server (codebetter) and I would like to enable tagging/labeling. In order to do so the build server will need to connect with credentials instead of doing an anonymous pull. It would be very bad to put mine or a special accounts username and password into the build server so an SSH key is the only viable alternative.
Feb 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM
We don't have any current plans for supporting SSH, but what I've seen some people do is create a new account (e.g. aspmembermanbuild), add it as a developer to the project, and use that account for the build server.