Dumbing it Down!

Dec 24, 2008 at 7:58 AM
I have been playing WOW socially for just over 2 years, without the hours to commit to it that I know many of the more serious players do. Recently, I have spent a lot of time playing, and realise that I know absolutely nothing about how to spec my feral druid, or what gear to choose. I have just downloaded RAWR, and it looks great, but I dont even understand how to use it properly because the gaps in my knowledge are too great, and the app assumes a certain base level knowledge and understanding.

Since this seems to be a site filled with knowledgable and experienced players, I was wondering if someone could either give me, or direct me to, a much simpler solution for speccing my talent tree, and which gear I should try and go for, bearing in mind that it is highly unlikely that I will get the time to engage in major raids specifically to farm gear. I want the best gear I can get, without having to have a major time commitment to farming gear in raids or spending hours trying to get pvp rewards. I am aware that this will not take me to the top of the list - but I want to be able to give a good account of myself, and enjoy end-game content without letting the team down.

One of the biggest confusions I have is around the Polar gear. I bought those recipes, as they seemed great to me. However, every guild member has dismissed them as a waste of time for a tank, yet RAWR rates them almost at the top of the list. To me, it makes sense to make these items (I have managed to farm the matts for the full set), and then spec them with the recommended gems (not sure where you get these, but will ask a JC). Would this not make a good enough tank for heroics and raids, combined with the durable nerubhide cape, trollowven spaulders and trollwoven girdle?

And if I put that together, what sort of enchants should I go for, and what mssing pieces (idol, trinkets, rings, neck etc) should I aim to get? I do have quite a few badges, but I am not sure what to best use them on, as I do not get a chance to get too many during the year, so my decision should be to make the most of what I can use everything for.

I guess I am looking for the "poor mans guide" to speccing my char in the best possible way - any advice would be welcomed.
Dec 24, 2008 at 6:22 PM
This is the Discussions page for CodePlex. You may wish to ask your questions on the Discussions page of a project that is connected to WoW. Here are some suggestions: http://www.codeplex.com/site/search?ProjectSearchText=wow.